I went to Budapest this past weekend with 7 other girls. We arrived late Thursday night at our hostel located in Pest. (Pest and Buda are two different cities). The 8 of us just went to bed since we were so exhausted from traveling. We woke up early then walked around Pest by the Parliament before crossing the bridge over to Buda. Here is Parliament:
Us by a statue:
The whole time we were at this church we thought it was a castle, it's so pretty.
All 8 of us in Buda overlooking Pest.
View of Pest from Buda
Another statue picture. This is outside of Budacastle.
After seeing most of Buda, we walked over the bridge back into Pest and stopped at this outdoor food market, saw the opera house, etc. We went back to the hostel where we made some friends: a guy from Paris, a guy from Finland (he was my favorite because he bought me eggplant pizza), and a guy from Canada. All 8 of us & them went out to dinner. I got this spicy tomato rice thing. Really good! Then we went out, woke up early on Saturday and went to the great market hall (40 minute walk from our hostel). I got some souvenirs (Dad, Jackie, Emily, Juli, etc....) then I went to the zoo with Carolina while the others went to a church. The zoo seemed a better choice since Rome has thousands of beautiful churches, and the zoo in Budapest is supposed to be one of the best in Europe-didn't disappoint! I pet a giraffe, fed a camel, etc.
The big group of us all went out to dinner again before going out. We went to a club called Szimpla and it was awesome. We woke up at 9 AM on Sunday since it was our last day. The 8 of us went to the famous Hungarian outdoor bath's, which was so relaxing and fun. After that we went to the Hungarian version of Chipotle before taking a train to the airport and flying back to Rome. I had one of the best weekends ever. Everyone should go to Budapest!

No comments:
Post a Comment