Wednesday, February 1, 2012

FLORENCE


We all flew into Pisa on Friday and took an hour bus ride to our 4 star hotel in Florence. I absolutely love Florence…. London schmondon! After we checked in, I found out who my roommate for the rest of the semester is, her name is Ally and she is awesome. I feel bad for her though because since I have a cold I’ve been snoring. Anyways, we got a 3-course meal when we arrived; it’s always a pasta dish served first, a meat dish served 2nd (I get the vegetarian option instead), and then an Italian desert. Oh yeah, did I mention we get this 3-course meal every night for the next 2 weeks for free? A group of us went out that night to Mayo, which was an awesome club. All the Italians love me. On Saturday we had orientation at this beautiful palace. It was amazing. We also had this great lunch where I had the best thing of my life, it was a cheesy pesto lasagna. The palace was stunning, every room was so beautiful, I couldn’t believe we were there. We walked around Florence after orientation, and we went out to club Space at night. That was the best club I’ve ever been to, it was awesome and didn’t close til 4 A.M. I got pina coladas.
Sunday we had an art tour around Florence, I still couldn’t get over how amazing the Duomo is. I’m really excited to climb to the top of it one day. My beginner Italian class started on Monday and we have it every day from 9:00-1:30. It’s intense, the teachers speak no English in class, so that makes it hard. I’m definitely learning a lot of Italian though. Monday night we had a free dinner at this restaurant with free wine being served, and then everyone went out to a club called Yab. I had so much fun there, however, I lost my wallet with everything in it. That part sucked, my new debit and credit cards won’t be with me until I get to Rome. Luckily I have already made great friends to help me get by until I can get money. Today after class we went to the Academia museum which is where the statue of David is. It was really cool seeing it in person after learning about it so many times. On the way home we all got lost, so a 15 minute walk turned into over an hour, which wouldn't be bad but for some reason this past week is the coldest it's been in Florence for 20 years! Tomorrow I have my first quiz in class, and after class we are taking a day trip to the leaning tower of Pisa. I LOVE ITALY. Everyone should come here! Ciao!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! its amazing !! lovely!! its a attractive Tourist hub , i would like to enjoy Rome small group tours!! Thanx for sharing excellent informations. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this blog

    Tivoli tours

    ReplyDelete